Some students took the following PAU exams last week, and some of you asked me some questions about the texts, lexicon, ... Well, here you are the exam papers and answers! Let's see now!!!
OPTION A: MARRIED AT ELEVEN
1. Lines 2-4: "Nada Al-Ahal ... posted a video on YouTube explaining why she ran away to a void a forced marriage...I'd rather die than be forced into an arranged marriage".
2. Line 5: "The girl said she would not accept it, and went to live with her unlce, potentially risking her life".
3. Lines 11-13: " I did all I could to prevent that marriage. I called the groom ... Nada was not suitable for him ...".
4. FALSE Lines 5-6 "Some children decided to throw themselves into the sea, and they're dead now".
5. TRUE Lines 7-8 "Nada's uncle ... said it was the second time he protected his niece from being married ...".
B. USE OF ENGLISH
7. escape, get away
9. prevent from
10. Nada asked if / whether they didn't have any compassion.
11. People / They force children to get marred at an early age all over the world.
12. What did you do to prevent that marriage?
13. Nada, who lives in Yemen, must also have an opportunity to live her own life.
OPTION B: CASH RAINS DOWN FROM SKIES
1. Lines 7-8 "Lewes police were aware fo the planned event and had sent an officer to the area ...".
2. Lines 9-11: "This bizarre act of kindness came courtesy of a Lewes resident ... had died the year before ... his last will ... money should be dropped from a helicopter flying over the marina ... ".
3. line 11 "Over the marina, which he apparently used to visit at least once a day".
4. TRUE Lines 5-6: "... he saw people swimming to grab the notes that had landed in the water".
5. FALSE 12-13 "Unfortunately, no one got any pictures of the event ...".
B. USE OF ENGLISH:
8. ran out of
9. crowd (l.3)
10. What did he sprint for with about 50 other people?
11. He may have hidden some of the money.
12. It is useless to wait for the bus.
13. People believe that Leonard Mull was crazy.
I hope all of you will pass!!! GOOD LUCK