Saturday, March 3, 2018

TED TALK - Rita Pierson: "Every Kid Needs a Champion"

Hi, there!!!,

Last week, I was surfing on the internet, actually looking for inspiration, when I met Rita Pierson's TED TALK by chance, every teacher should watch the video, it's really worthwhile!!! Rita Pierson has been working as a Teacher for over 40 years. I'd like to stand out some parts of her inspiring speech: 
Kids don't learn from people they don't like", ...
"I have had classes that were so low, so academically deficient, that I cried. I wondered, "How am I going to take this group, in nine months, from where they are to where they need to be? And .. it was awfully hard. How do I raise the self-esteem of a child and his academic achievement at the same time? 

One year I told all my students, "You were chosen to be in my class because I am the best teacher and you are the best students". One of the students said, "Really?"

Teaching and learning should bring joy... Every child deserves a champion, an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be".

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely great! Thanks for sharing.
    Can I copy your image above?
    Many thanks
    Mcgm

    ReplyDelete