Monday, November 30, 2009

ALL CONDITIONALS MIXED (2)


Hi, Guys!,

If you are bored, you can do more exercises related to CONDITIONALS.



A. Complete the sentences in the First or Second conditional. Use the correct form of the verbs.

1. If I ______________ (be) a film star, I ______________ (buy) very expensive clothes.

2. I ______________ (phone) you if I ______________ (decide) to go shopping.

3. Tim ____________ (go out with) Helen if she _____________ (ask) him. But she’s too shy.

4. If I _______________ (be) an advertising manager, I _____________ (not make) offensive adverts.

5. The shoe shop ______________ (not sell) many Nike trainers if they ____________ (not reduce) the prices soon.

6. If my brother ______________ (pass) his driving test, Mum _______________ (let) him use her car. I’m sure he’ll pass!


B. Choose the correct answer.

1. When you ( are starting, start, will start ) your diet, you will have to give up chocolate.

2. You won’t lose weight unless you ( will change, changed, change ) your eating habits.

3. If I had had an appetite, I ( would eat, ate, would have eaten ) more.

4. It would be much better at this club there ( would be, are, were ) more people.

5. If I had known how many people wanted to exercise, I ( will form, would have formed, formed ) an exercise group.

6. When you grill the chicken, there ( are, were, would be ) fewer calories in it.

7. Unless the temperature ( will rise, rose, rises ), I’m going to the beach today.

8. What ( would you do, you did, had you done ) if you were me?

9. It ( cheer you up, will cheer you up, would cheer you up ) if you go and buy yourself a new dress.

10. You ( can join, could have joined, could join ) the aerobics class if you had signed up on time.


C. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb in brackets. All conditionals may be used.

1. If you _____________ (want) to remain healthy, ____________ (eat) less salt, sugar and fat!

2. Unless you _____________ (get) at least seven hours sleep a night, you ___________ (feel) tired the following day.

3. If you _______________ (need) a holiday, _______________ (you take) one?

4. If you ________________ (not include) fruit and vegetables in your diet, you _________________ (not have) the vitamins you need to stay healthy.

5. If you ______________ (take) exercise twice a week, your general fitness level ________________ (improve).

6. If you ______________ (try) the frilled chicken, I think you __________________ (like) it, but you insisted on steak, as usual.

7. If you ______________ (live) in France instead of England, you _______________ (get used to) having a glass of wine with your meals.

8. If I ______________ (be) you, I ________________ (talk) to a doctor before going on a diet.

9. If you ______________ (go out) with us last night, it _______________ (you cheer up) a bit.

10. If I _________________ (drink) enough water, I _______________ (not have) such a bad headache yesterday.

D. Rewrite the following sentences without altering their meaning.

1. If you aren’t on a diet, try the cheesecake. (unless)

-______________________________________________

2. Danny wants to lose some weight, but he doesn’t have any will power. (if)

-______________________________________________

3. Sue didn’t mention the tennis game so I didn’t turn up to watch. (if)

-______________________________________________

4. In my opinion, you should drink low-fat milk. (if)

-_____________________________________________

5. You should have a medical check-up when starting a diet. (if)

-____________________________________________

6. I didn’t buy any vegetables so I couldn’t make a salad. (if)

-___________________________________________

7. Paul won’t swim in the pool because there is no lifeguard. (if)

-____________________________________________

8. Peter gets angry with people who don’t take him seriously. (unless)

-__________________________________________


E. Complete the following sentences using your own words.

1. If Helen _______________________________________________, we will go and visit her.

2. If you were a celebrity, where __________________________________________________.

3. Unless you take exercise, _____________________________________________________.

4. The doctor would have helped him if she ________________________________________ .

5. Would you give up fast food if _________________________________________________.

6. I __________________________________________________________ if I won the lottery.

7. If you had made a healthy holiday, ______________________________________________.

8. I would have met David Bisbal if _______________________________________________.

9. If she were Scarlet, __________________________________________________________.

10. If I met the Prime Minister, ___________________________________________________.


F. Make up endings for these conditional sentences.

1. If you don’t write it down, you …….

2. If I lost my address book …….

3. If you hadn’t told me …..

4. I wouldn’t like it if ……

5. You would have remembered if …..

6. We won’t forget it if …….


G. Think of ways to complete these sentences.

1. Unless you pass your exams ……

2. I won’t know what to do unless …..

3. Unless you write the words down ….

4. I won’t help you with your homework unless …..

5. Unless I find someone to help me …..


H. Make conditional sentences about these situations. Examples:

I forgot to set my alarm clock; I was late for school.

If I hadn’t forgotten to set my alarm clock, I wouldn’t have been late for school.

I didn’t have time; I didn’t watch the film on TV.

If I’d had time, I would have watched the film.

1. I missed the last bus; I had to walk home.

2. I didn’t have your address; I didn’t write to you.

3. I was ill; I didn’t go on the picnic.

4. I forgot to take my umbrella with me when I went out; I got wet.

5. I didn’t have a map; I got lost.

6. I didn’t work hard; I failed my exam.

I. Rewrite the sentences. Use UNLESS, AS LONG AS, and PROVIDED (THAT):

1. We won’t use the same advert again if people don’t like it. (provided that)

We _____________________________________________________________________

2. We won’t watch satellite TV if they don’t reduce the number of adverts. (unless)

We _____________________________________________________________________

3. I won’t go to the cinema this evening if Tom isn’t going to be there. (as long as)

I _______________________________________________________________________

4. The company won’t succeed if it doesn’t change its image. (unless)

The _____________________________________________________________________

5. I won’t buy cosmetics if they’re tested on animals. (provided that)

I _______________________________________________________________________

Write the verb in the correct tense to form a conditional sentence .

1. What you (do) if you (be) given the Nobel Prize.
2. If I
(know) that teacher was coming, I (not join) the excursion.
3. If you
(heat=calentar) water to 100 degrees, it .(boil)
3.
you (find) the room too noisy, (close) the windows firmly.
4. You
(not open) the bottle unless you (use) a bottle opener.
5.
(not run) unless you (want) to sweat too much.
6. All the students
(pass) the test on condition that he (explain) lessons properly.
7. If you
(meet) Mr Leech, (can) you ask him a favour, please?
8. They
(not escape) if the police (be) faster.
9. Whales
(not disappear) if we conscious about it.
10. Where
you (travel) if you (win) the lottery?



No comments:

Post a Comment