Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Reported Speech ( 4 ) Secondary and Upper-secondary


Hi, Guys!,

Today, I'm posting some basic exercises of REPORTED SPEECH. You'll have to rewrite the following sentences in Direct Speech into Indirect Speech. After that, if you want to practise more, just CLICK on the LABELS - Reported Speech, you'll find loads of exercises, right?


Rewrite these sentences into Reported Speech, do you know these students?:

1. Ann said: "Carmen likes watching romantic films".
Ann said that Carmen liked watching romantic films.
2. Julia told Irene: "I'll meet you here later".
Julia told Irene that she would meet her there later.
3. Javier complained to me:"It's too hot here".
Javier complained to me that it was too hot there.
4. Paul said to Javier:"Fernando and I are going to organise a party this weekend".
Paul said to Javier that Fernando and he were going to organise a party that weekend.
5. Auxi told me:"I have arrived late this morning".
Auxi told me that she had arrived late that morning.
6. Alvaro told his brother:"We were training until our coach left".
Alvaro told his brother that they had been training until their coach had left.
7. María told us:"My mother bought me a new cell-phone yesterday".
María told us that her mother had bought her a new cell-phone the day before.
8. Javier told me:"I don't understand the Reported Speech".
Javier told me that he didn't understand the Reported Speech.
9. Mª Carmen told Helen:"We had a very good time in Granada, it was awesome!"
Mª Carmen told Helen that they had had a very good time in Granada, it had been awesome.
10. Mª Jesús told me:"I can't understand this, because I missed your lesson yesterday".

Mª Jesús told me that she couldn't understand that, because she had missed my lesson the day before.

Rewrite the following questions into Reported Speech.

1. Claudia asked Javier:"What are you doing this afternoon?"
Claudia asked Javier what he was doing that afternoon.

2. Belén asked Marina:"Did you see my blog? It's so cute!"
Belén asked Marina if she had seen her blog. It was so cute.

3. Juan Carlos asked Emilio:"Have you caught my folders?"
Juan Carlos asked Emilio if he had caught his folders.

4. Juanma asked Jose:"Can I borrow you pencil, please?"
Juanma asked Jose if he could borrow his pencil.

5. Marta asked MaryG:"Will you and Andrea go to London this summer?"
Marta asked MaryG if she and Andrea would go to London that summer.

6. Rocío asked Carmen:"Are you going to meet Charlie this weekend?"
Rocío asked Carmen if she was going to meet Charlie that weekend.

7. Valme asked Manolo:"Will you close the door, please?"
Valme aske Manolo if he would close the door.

8. Ale asked Miguel:"What are you talking about?"
Ale asked Miguel what he was talking about.

9. Manuel asked José Luis:"Where do you live?"
Manuel asked José Luis where he lived.

10. Valme asked them:"Have you seen this Friends episode?"
Valme asked them if they had seen that Friends episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment