Saturday, June 12, 2010

MoTiVaTiNg PrOjEcTs To LeArN EnGLiSH: CrEAte YouR EnGLish GaMe

Hi, there!,


Last year, I asked my students to do the following project: CREATE YOUR ENGLISH GAME! It was a hard task, but so REWARDING!!!!!!! Because of that, I've just decided to share this interesting useful IDEA with other students and teachers. Let me tell you what you need ...

1. Students have to make up everything: the rules of the game, the title, the instructions, the small cards, token, dices, and so on.



2. The teacher can ask them to write questions, short English tests on every card, challenges, bets, etc. These cards will make them review all the grammar constructions, vocabulary seen in every unit, etc.

3. The most important thing is they are going to learn and have fun!!! So, I encourage all of you to carry out this project with your students, they'll never forget this enriching motivating task.

I hope you'll enjoy it! ;-) PLEASE, IF YOU MAKE THIS PLAN WITH YOUR STUDENTS, CAN YOU TELL ME SO AND SHOW ME THEIR GAMES?

I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT THIS IDEA IS WORTHWHILE AND HELPS OTHERS IMPROVE ENGLISH. THANK U!


PS. To my students: Can you see your games in these photos? They R GR8!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. This will be something on my to do list for my class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for not answering you before! thanks for being one of my follower! ;) and I encourage you to carry out this enthusiastic project with your students, it's going to be too rewarding, you'll never forget it!

    Nice to meet and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I had the same idea and I was looking for photographs to show my students the final result, and I really like it. We do it together with the Technology department; they will help the students with the design of the board, the dice, token. In the English class we will deal with the content, that is, the cards, the qüestions, the rules...
    I'll send you the photos when we finish with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok!!! I'd be so pleased!!!! Thank you so much!!! Now, I'm working on a theatre project (Storytelling) with my older students, it's a hard task, but it's always enriching and we're enthusiastic! So, I call on you to work on this too ;)

    ReplyDelete