Friday, May 14, 2010

AdJeCtIvEs and PrEpOsItIoNs


Hi, Guys!,

I'm going to post a list of ADJECTIVES followed by a particular PREPOSITIONS. When I started learning English, I generelly sang or wrote them a lot of times, I had to memorise them.... But now, it's FAR BETTER!!!!!!!! We can use internet and do funny exercises such as these ones, hahah ;-)

Well, let's see the list first. Then you can do the following activities taken from:
http://esl-efl.webpark.pl/adjective_preposition.html

Check your answers looking at the Adj+Prep.

angry, annoyed, furious, happy + ABOUT + something

They are angry about the punishment.
angry, furious + WITH / AT + someone FOR something
I'm angry at you for having lied to me!
worried, excited, sorry + ABOUT + something
They are very excited about the play.

good / bad + AT + noun/gerund
I'm good at cooking, but I'm bad at English.

amazed, amused, astonished, shocked + AT /BY + something
He was shocked by /at the news.
famous, responsible, sorry+ FOR + something
Madonna is famous her music.

different + FROM
I'm quite different from my borther.

fond, proud, tired, afraid, ashamed, aware, jealous + OF + something, someone
I'm proud of you!

How can you be afraid of ghosts?


(un)capable, (un)aware, full + OF + something
You are capable of doing this exercise


keen + ON
I'm really keen on flying

interested + IN + someone, something
Cris is interested in contemporary art.

married, nice, rude, (un)friendly + TO + someone

You should be nice to verybody.

accotumed /used TO + gerund
I'm used to getting up early.
crowded + WITH
We couldn't come in, it was so crowded of people.


CAN YOU ADD MORE ADJECTIVES WITH THEIR PREPOSITIONS TO THIS LIST?

Look at these adjectives and write the correct preposition.
1. They are excited _____their trip to Paris next June.
2. I feel sorry ______ Gosia. She is so lonely these days.
3. Are you good ______ golf?
4. That flat is different ________ the one I was looking for.
5. Constable is famous ________ his landscapes.
6. I must admit I was shocked ________ her behaviour at the party.
7. She's rather worried ________ her son's studies.
8. I'm just hopeless________ learning Polish.
9. She's furious ______ her son's grades in school.
10. They were surprised ________ their good fortune.
11. I'm upset ________ my health.
12. She was annoyed with Angela _______ ignoring their agreement




Look at these adjectives and write the correct prepostion OF/ON/TO/WITH:

1. It was very kind _______ you to buy me such a wonderful present. Thank you!
2. The shop was crowded ______ people.
3. I have been married _______ Kasia for over ten years.
4. She was very good _______ Arek while he was visiting.
5. It was very good ______ you to come.
6. They are very keen ________ stamp collecting.
7. Their house is quite similar ________ ours.
8. I'm afraid I'm rather disappointed ________ my new computer.
9. His teachers were cruel _____ him when he was young.
10. She is proud _______ her high marks on the exam.
11. Unfortunately, he is quite jealous _______ his neighbour's new car.
12. It was rather clever _______ Gregory to combine his business trip with a visit to his favourite museum.
13. He's become bored ______ his latest hobby.
14. I'm afraid he is incapable ________ understanding the most basic concepts.
15. Magda! Don't be rude ________ your mother-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment