Sunday, September 12, 2010

L O L


Hi, Guys!,

Are you familiar with LOL? What does it mean?

Well, LOL is an abbrevation of LAUGHING OUT LOUD, laugh out loud or LOTS OF LAUGHS. It is actually a common element of internet slang, mostly used by teenagers nowadays.

There is another variation: ROFL which means "ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING".

In this new internet slang, there are other popular acronyms such as BFN whic means "BYE FOR NOW" and IMHO "IN MY HUMBLE OPINION".

According to some critics, these initialisms are convenient and necessary, but you may get confused when you read them in an email.

Obviously, these remind me of when I post MOBILE LANGUAGE, too much information, no time, no space.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing about this! This might be out of topic but you might find this video interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qljbvTqScgY. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alessandra, sorry for not answering you before, but my computer isn't working well. I've just seen your video, hahaha, confusing situations... and I've found a video about NETSPEAK, I'm going to post it now.

    Nice to talk to U! ;-)

    ReplyDelete