If you need to review and go on practising all English tenses, you can do the following exercises. At the bottom, you can find the key answers, right?
A. Fill in the gaps with these tenses: Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Past Continuous, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Will, Fut. Be Going to, Fut. Cont., Fut Perf.
1. What _______ you _______ (do) now? Well, I ___________ (write) a report.
2. __________ you __________ (be/ ever) to Rome? No, we ___________ . But last year, we ________________ (travel) to Venice.
3. John’s English is good, but he _____________ (not understand) every word.
4. Hurry! The bus _______________ (come). I ______________ (not/want) to miss it.
5. He can’t give you the books, because he ________________ (forget) them at home.
6. Jimmy _________________ (fall) off the ladder while he _______________ (paint) the ceiling.
7. By this time next year, we ________________________________ (attend) University.
8. While they ___________________ (practise) the piano, Jim ____________________ (play) basketball in the garden.
9. Next month, my family and I ____________________________ (travel) to New York!
10. Tomorrow, we ________________________ (train) volleyball from 7.30 to 9.
Write endings for the following sentences. Bear in mind all verbal forms!
1. I completely agree with you ...
2. She wanted to know ...
3. In 2018, we ...
4. Did you finish your project while ...?
5. After she had called the police ...
6. Ann often ...
7. Look at the bus! ...
8. David was so tired that ...
9. How long ...?
10. Last night, my friends and I ...
Possible Key answers:
- because you're good at painting.
- if you were a football player.
- we'll have got our own car.
- while we were writing the report?
- the lights turned off.
- plays tennis on Mondays and Fridays.
- Hurry! We are going to miss it!
- he couldn't speak.
- How long have you been learning English?
- met and ate 3 pizzas.