Thursday, February 18, 2010

Relatives Clauses (3)


Hi, Guys!,

If you need to review Defining and Non-defining Relative Clauses, you can do the following sentences.
The key answers are below, ok?

Join these sentences using a relative pronoun. Omit it when you can:

1. The hairdresser’s closes at 8.30. I usually have my hair cut there.
2. A man asked for you at the office. You know him well.
3. We will visit Florenzia. Its palaces and museums are famous.
4. The bike broke down. I used to ride on it.
5. That’s the knife. I cut the meat with it.
6.Bring me the cigarettes. I left them on the table.
7.I got this postcard from a friend. She lives in England. The friend ….
8.This is the station. We get off here.
9.She’s the girl. Her brother plays for England.
10.Eton is an English university. Wealthy boys study there.
Key answers:
1. The hairdresser's (where) I usually have my hair cut closes at 8.30.
2. You know the man who asked for you at the office well.
3. We will visit Florenzia whose palaces and museums are famous.
4. The bike (which) I used to ride on broke down.
5. That's the knife (which) I cut the meat with.
6. Bring me the cigarettes (which) I left on the table.
7. The friend (who) I got the postcard from lives in England.
8. This is the station (where) we get off.
9. She's the girl whose brother plays for England.
10. Eton is an English university, where wealthy students stduy.

No comments:

Post a Comment